Shortly after writing the last article the cases in San Pedro were confirmed. Additionally, Ambergris Caye (San Pedro), villages of Santa Martha, Shipyard and Guinea Grasse in the Orange Walk return to full lockdown while the rest of Belize goes under more lenient quarantine measures.
The breakdown of the cases are as follows:
- 10 of the cases are related to the case identified on Sunday in San Pedro (some close contacts are still pending to be processed)
- 1 case (in Belmopan) who was contact to the patient hospitalized at the Northern Regional Hospital
- 1 contact related to the case identified in San Pedro yesterday (this would be a second cluster as they are not related to the initial case from Sunday)
- 2 cases in San Pedro that don’t appear to be related to any of the above clusters but these are symptomatic patients that were picked up through the flu clinic routine and enhanced surveillance. One of these cases is a child.
UPDATE: Just a couple of minutes after publishing this post, 28 new cases were reported.
- 1 case in San Ignacio (associated with illegal entry)
- 1 case in Belmopan (apparent travel to San Pedro)
- 3 cases in the Northern Region (2 in Santa Marta and one in Orange Walk with link pending to be established)
- 20 cases in San Pedro (2 related to the cluster associated to a church and 10 related to cluster #1, the remaining 8 pending to establish a link to any cluster)
- 3 in Belize City (2 are linked to San Pedro and one to OW)
We have recovered one case for a total of 80 active cases.